Welcome to the Nintendo task force of WikiProject Video games on the English Wikipedia. We are a group that creates, improves, and organizes Wikipedia's coverage of topics related to Nintendo. With this project we hope to focus our efforts with each other and with Wikipedians. The project covers all articles about Nintendo, their consoles, games, franchises and more. If you would like to help, please visit our talk page and to-do list.
For more information on WikiProjects, please see Wikipedia:WikiProjects and Wikipedia:WikiProject best practices.
For more information on task forces, please see Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Guide/Task forces.
This project primarily aims to:
- Create and maintain well-written, consistent, and properly organized encyclopedic coverage for all relevant video games, hardware, people, products, fictional aspects, and other notable concepts relating to Nintendo.
- Streamline navigation between relevant articles.
- Serve as a central point for editors to discuss the improvement of content relating to Nintendo.
- Improve all relevant articles using our "to do" list.
This project's scope includes games, hardware, and other products developed by Nintendo or within one of its franchises, and the characters, media, lists, people, and publications exclusively affiliated with its products. As of 2023[update], this task force maintains over 4,900 pages.
When editing, please keep the usual policies and guidelines and special video game article guidelines in mind. Before making major changes, editors should be familiar with the following topics:
- The five pillars of Wikipedia – a quick rundown of the five key rules you need to start editing
- Notability guideline – the rules on when topics receive standalone articles
- Writing about fiction – a guide on how to use out-of-universe tone when presenting fictional concepts
- Simplified ruleset – fifteen rules of thumb (the crash course)
- List of policies – comprehensive list of the 42 official policies with very quick summaries (longer crash course)
The list of video game templates (infoboxes, reviews boxes, maintenance tags, related templates) is also helpful.