- newVIDEO: Ferguson protests inspire local artist
Artist Howard Barry explains how the mass demonstrations in the aftermath of the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson inspired him.
- 42 mins ago 22 Nov 14, 5:56pm -
- newRed Bull excluded from qualifying
Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo and Sebastian Vettel are excluded from qualifying at the Abu Dhabi GP for driving illegal cars.
- 48 mins ago 22 Nov 14, 5:50pm -
- newVIDEO: Ed Miliband: 'Party of working people'
Ed Miliband is insisting that Labour is still the party of working people, despite finishing third in the Rochester by-election.
- 60 mins ago 22 Nov 14, 5:38pm -
- newNHS staff fly out to fight Ebola
The first group of NHS volunteers set off from London Heathrow, bound for Sierra Leone where they will help in the fight against Ebola.
- 1 hour ago 22 Nov 14, 5:36pm -
- newMan charged over assault rifle find
A man is to appear in court charged with having a firearm and ammunition with intent to endanger life, after police recovered an assault rifle in west Belfast.
- 1 hour ago 22 Nov 14, 5:28pm -
- new'Democracy rocks' for Nicola Sturgeon
Scotland's new first minister Nicola Sturgeon follows in the footsteps of pop stars Beyonce and Lady Gaga by appearing at Glasgow's Hydro arena.
- 1 hour ago 22 Nov 14, 5:26pm -
- newPilgrims flock to 16th-Century saint
Thousands of Catholic pilgrims are converging on Goa in India to see the relics of Saint Francis Xavier, a 16th Century Spanish missionary.
- 1 hour ago 22 Nov 14, 5:16pm -
- newChelsea 2-0 West Bromwich Albion
Premier League leaders Chelsea establish a seven-point lead as goals by Diego Costa and Eden Hazard see off 10-man West Brom.
- 1 hour ago 22 Nov 14, 5:16pm -
- newElection prize 'never greater' - DUP
DUP leader Peter Robinson tells his party's annual conference "the prize at a Westminster election has never been greater" than next May's poll.
- 1 hour ago 22 Nov 14, 5:11pm -
- newCeltic 2-1 Dundee
Celtic make it five successive Premiership wins but are made to work hard for the victory over Dundee.
- 2 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 4:53pm -
- newHenning 'killed for being selfless'
The widow of murdered aid worker Alan Henning tells a memorial service he was killed "for being what we should be, selfless and caring".
- 2 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 4:35pm -
- newPolice and NHS phone lines restored
Non-emergency police and medical phone lines are now working, Vodafone says, after technical problems disrupted services for a number of hours.
- 2 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 4:31pm -
- newScotland 37-12 Tonga
Scotland run in five tries as they complete their autumn international series with victory against Tonga at Rugby Park.
- 2 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 4:21pm -
- newErrors cost Hamilton pole position
Nico Rosberg takes pole position for the title-deciding Abu Dhabi GP following mistakes by championship leader Lewis Hamilton.
- 3 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 4:01pm -
- newVIDEO: Alan Henning memorial held
Family and friends of murdered aid worker Alan Henning attended a private service at Eccles Parish Church in Eccles, Greater Manchester.
- 3 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 3:55pm -
- newTwo farmers killed in tyre accident
An investigation is under way after the deaths of two farmers who were fixing a tractor tyre in County Donegal.
- 3 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 3:37pm -
- newEbola 'stable' in Guinea - WHO
The deadly Ebola outbreak is now "stable" in Guinea, the country where the latest crisis began, the World Health Organization says.
- 3 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 3:33pm -
- new'Big gaps' hamper Iran nuclear talks
Important sticking points remain in talks with Iran, Western powers warn, as negotiations on Tehran's nuclear programme enter their final stages.
- 3 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 3:19pm -
- newPro-indy newspaper details revealed
Details are released of a pilot which could lead to a new daily, pro-independence newspaper for Scotland.
- 3 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 3:17pm -
- newShops to hide 'sexual' front pages
Tesco and Waitrose are to change the way they display newspapers because of concerns that children are being exposed to sexualised content.
- 3 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 3:09pm -
- newTerror police arrest man at Heathrow
A 19-year-old man is arrested at Heathrow Airport on suspicion of preparing for acts of terrorism, police say.
- 4 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 2:46pm -
- newBank fines should go to NHS - Labour
A billion pounds raised from banking fines in the UK should be spent on the NHS, Labour's shadow chancellor Ed Balls says in a speech.
- 4 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 2:35pm -
- newPortugal ex-PM held over tax fraud
The former prime minister of Portugal, Jose Socrates, has been arrested in Lisbon as part of an investigation into money-laundering and bribery.
- 4 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 2:24pm -
- newBalcony collapse victims named
Two Polish men who died after a balcony collapsed in west London on Friday are named as Tomasz Procko, 22, and Karol Szymanski, 29.
- 4 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 2:12pm -
- new101 non-emergency number restored
The 101 non-emergency number for police forces across Wales is restored following a technical fault.
- 5 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 1:38pm -
- newIraq troops battle IS in Ramadi
Iraq's army launches an operation to retake parts of Ramadi in Anbar province, a major city largely controlled by Islamic State militants.
- 5 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 1:18pm -
- newBreaking Bad spin-off to air in February
The show will debut in the US with Netflix streaming it across Europe shortly after.
- 6 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 12:59pm -
- newBahrain holds disputed election
Voters are going to the polls in Bahrain's first parliamentary elections since Arab Spring protests in 2011, but many Shias are urging a boycott.
- 6 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 12:55pm -
- newIndonesian president flies economy
Indonesia's new President Joko Widodo takes an economy-class seat on the national carrier to go to Singapore for his son's high-school graduation.
- 7 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 11:55am -
- newUS 'to expand' Afghan combat role
US troops in Afghanistan will have a broader role than initially planned next year, as their combat mission draws to a close, US officials say.
- 7 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 11:30am -
- newThai king's absence sparks concern
King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand fails to appear for a scheduled event, raising fresh concerns about his health.
- 7 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 11:24am -
- newProbe into hotel 'gas explosion'
An investigation starts into a suspected gas explosion at a central London hotel that injured 14 people.
- 8 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 11:05am -
- newVIDEO: Newspapers 'kept from child's eyes'
A mother from south London has persuaded Tesco to change the way it displays newspapers so that children cannot see words or images which she says may disturb them.
- 8 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 11:03am -
- new150 weapons given up in gun amnesty
More than 150 weapons are handed over to police during a two-week amnesty.
- 9 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 9:09am -
- newVIDEO: Scrabble players compete in London
Some of the best Scrabble players from over 120 countries are in London competing to become World Champion and win a share of the prize money.
- 10 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 8:35am -
- newVIDEO: Labour calls for NHS investment
The Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls is calling for £1bn of banking scandal fines to be invested in the NHS.
- 10 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 8:15am -
- newVIDEO: Dizzy world of aerobatic flying
Mike Bushell has been to visit one British couple who will be going for gold in a motorsport event taking place 600m above earth - aerobatics
- 10 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 8:09am -
- newVIDEO: 15 secs: How to block spying
Human rights group Amnesty International has released software to stop governments learning secrets from your computer.
- 12 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 6:56am -
- newLabour 'still party of working people'
Ed Miliband insists Labour remains the party of working people, while accepting one of his MPs was disrespectful to them.
- 12 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 6:22am -
- newRochester fallout and Claudia's 'relief' - the papers
Papers examine what UKIP's win in the Rochester by-election means for Labour and the Conservatives, and preview Claudia Winkleman's return to Strictly Come Dancing.
- 13 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 6:05am -
- newVIDEO: Flood fears as US snowfall eases
Snowfall in the north-east of the US is subsiding, forecasters say, but there is now a threat of flooding from rain at the weekend as the snow melts.
- 13 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 5:37am -
- newVIDEO: 100-year-old sees ocean for first time
The moment a 100-year-old American woman, Ruby Holt, sees the ocean for the first time.
- 13 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 5:36am -
- newLabour warns over pension charges
Labour urges the government to ensure people taking advantage of new pension freedoms next April are not ripped off by financial firms.
- 13 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 5:30am -
- newFloods fear as US snowfall eases
Snowfall in the north-east of the US is subsiding, forecasters say, but there is now a threat of flooding from rain at the weekend as it melts.
- 13 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 5:30am -
- newUS to press Turkey over IS role
US Vice-President Joe Biden is to meet Turkey's president, aiming to push for a bigger Turkish role in the fight against Islamic State.
- 13 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 5:14am -
- newPoet's lost Oxford years remembered
Heavy drinking, a jealous husband and Under Milk Wood
- 14 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 4:49am -
- newBrown's father urges calm in Ferguson
The father of a man shot dead by police in Ferguson, Missouri, has appealed for peace ahead of a grand jury decision against the officer.
- 14 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 4:10am -
- newEdward Rushton: Who was this blind revolutionary?
The blind revolutionary nobody remembers
- 15 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 3:53am -
- newMilitary force: Not the way to win?
The nature of war has changed, says Jonathan Marcus, and military might is no longer a guarantee of success.
- 15 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 3:18am -
- newVIDEO: Kim Kardashian's bottom: Work of art?
Will Gompertz looks at whether an "artistic statue" of Kim Karsdashian's bottom would be art or not
- 15 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 3:11am -