- newVodafone gave too much data to police
Vodafone sent the phone data of more than 1,000 News UK workers to police after being asked for the details of just one journalist, the Met Police says.
- 1 hour ago 25 Nov 14, 11:02pm -
- newArmed jewel robbers in Paris chase
Two armed robbers who held up a jewellery shop and took a hostage hand themselves in to police following a chase across Paris.
- 2 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 10:43pm -
- newVIDEO: Angelina Jolie on directing Unbroken
Oscar winning actress Angelina Jolie has attended the premiere in London of her new film, Unbroken.
- 2 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 10:27pm -
- newNI golf resort plan 'has foundered'
Plans for a £100m golf resort near the Giant's Causeway in County Antrim have foundered, according to informed sources.
- 2 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 10:23pm -
- newMessi breaks Champions League record
Barcelona's Lionel Messi becomes the Champions League's all-time top scorer by scoring against Apoel Nicosia.
- 2 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 10:11pm -
- newFive children die in US house fire
Five children have died after a fire destroyed a mobile home in a small town in southern Texas, local media report.
- 2 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 10:00pm -
- newFC Schalke 04 0-5 Chelsea
Chelsea qualify for the Champions League knockout phase as they ruthlessly beat Roberto Di Matteo's Schalke.
- 2 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 9:59pm -
- newFerguson jury process is 'broken'
Lawyers for Michael Brown's family say the process that cleared a police officer who shot dead the teenager in Ferguson is "broken" and "unfair".
- 2 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 9:57pm -
- newBusiness group attacks £25m pay deal
A pay package proposed for the new head of gas giant BG Group is branded "excessive and inflammatory" by the Institute of Directors.
- 3 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 9:08pm -
- newMany dead in twin Nigeria blasts
Two female suicide bombers blow themselves up at a crowded market in the northern Nigerian city of Maiduguri, killing 78 people, hospital staff say.
- 3 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 9:03pm -
- newRigby killer studied in west Wales
One of two men who murdered Fusilier Lee Rigby in London last year studied at an Islamic college in west Wales, a report finds.
- 4 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 8:15pm -
- newMasked man in acid 'revenge attack'
A woman whose 80-year-old former lover is accused of a revenge attack against her tells a court a masked attacker threw acid in her face.
- 4 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 8:15pm -
- newVIDEO: David Mellor recorded in taxi row
Former cabinet minister David Mellor is secretly recorded having a heated row and swearing at a taxi driver, a tabloid newspaper reports.
- 4 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 8:11pm -
- newVIDEO: Cat survives shotgun attack
A cat suffered two broken legs and was blasted at least twice with a shotgun, a veterinary practice in Cornwall says.
- 4 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 8:05pm -
- newPM warns net firms after Rigby murder
David Cameron says internet companies must act on terrorist material, after it emerges one of Lee Rigby's killers spoke on Facebook about wanting to murder a soldier.
- 5 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 7:29pm -
- newDairy industry in 'desperate state'
The dairy industry is in a desperate state, a government committee hears.
- 5 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 7:26pm -
- newVIDEO: Fury turns to violence in Ferguson
The US town of Ferguson has seen rioting and looting after a jury decided not to bring charges over the killing of a black teenager.
- 5 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 7:07pm -
- newGirl died after stem cell transplant
A problem with the freezing of stem cells may have contributed to the death of a 12-year-old girl with cancer, a coroner rules.
- 5 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 6:56pm -
- newWeb 'predator' murdered schoolboy
An "internet predator" admits stabbing to death a 14-year-old boy after meeting him online.
- 5 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 6:51pm -
- newAUDIO: Tesco writes apology poem to students
Two students who wrote a poem complaining to Tesco say they were "very impressed" to receive a reply - in verse.
- 6 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 6:30pm -
- newCairo building collapse kills 17
Rescue teams are searching for survivors in the rubble of a block of flats that collapsed in Egypt's capital Cairo, killing at least 17 people.
- 6 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 6:25pm -
- new'100 suggestions' to chair abuse probe
More than 100 names have been suggested to chair an inquiry into historic child abuse, the top civil servant at the Home Office tells MPs.
- 6 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 6:03pm -
- newRaqqa air strikes 'kill dozens'
At least 36 civilians have been killed in air strikes by Syrian government warplanes on the Islamic State-held northern city of Raqqa, activists say.
- 6 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 5:58pm -
- new'Caring and doting' father beat baby
A "caring and doting" father broken his daughter's neck and damaged her spine after shaking her, swinging her by the legs and sitting on her, a court hears.
- 6 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 5:54pm -
- newVIDEO: 'I'll never stop missing my Breck'
Lorin LaFave, whose 14-year-old son, Breck Bednar, was stabbed to death by an "internet predator", says she is lost and heartbroken.
- 7 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 5:28pm -
- newPlastic bag protest in Ivory Coast
Police in Ivory Coast fire tear gas and use batons to disperse crowds protesting about a ban on plastic bags used to carry water.
- 7 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 5:27pm -
- newTax relief threat to private schools
A future Labour government would require private schools to "earn" business rate relief by helping out state schools - or lose it, the party will warn.
- 7 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 5:26pm -
- newTesco 'gifts for boys' sign removed
A complaint from a seven-year-old girl prompts Tesco to remove a sign which referred to a superhero alarm clock as a "gift for a boy".
- 7 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 4:55pm -
- newMSP's tears over C. diff deaths
An MSP who campaigned on behalf of patients whose deaths were linked to a hospital infection breaks down as she said justice has not been done.
- 7 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 4:50pm -
- newColombia rebels release two soldiers
Colombia's Farc rebels release two soldiers taken hostage earlier this month, a first step towards resuming peace talks.
- 8 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 4:47pm -
- newFacebook hosted Rigby murder chat
Facebook hosted a conversation by one of Fusilier Lee Rigby's killers in which he said he wanted to kill a soldier, five months before the attack, the BBC learns.
- 8 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 4:43pm -
- newAdams 'sorry for offensive remark'
Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams apologises for using what he acknowledges was an offensive term at a public meeting but denies claims that it was aimed at "all unionists".
- 8 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 4:39pm -
- newCrime at lowest level in 40 years
The level of recorded crime in Scotland has reached its lowest level in 40 years, but sex crimes have risen.
- 8 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 4:31pm -
- newThe problem with freezing stem cells
What went wrong with a cancer treatment that should have healed rather than harmed.
- 8 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 4:06pm -
- newS Leone Ebola workers dump bodies
Burial workers in the Sierra Leonean city of Kenema dump bodies in public in protest at non-payment of allowances for handling Ebola victims.
- 8 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 4:05pm -
- new'Tour may raise World Cup questions'
England are desperate for a winning one-day formula, but a tour of Sri Lanka could raise more questions than answers.
- 9 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 3:32pm -
- newPope Francis hits out at 'bureaucratic' Europe
Many MEPs were surprised at how trenchant the Pope's criticisms were, after he directly addressed them on the current malaise in Europe.
- 9 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 3:28pm -
- newFrance puts Russian warship on hold
France suspends "until further notice" the delivery of a helicopter carrier to the Russian navy because of continuing violence in eastern Ukraine.
- 9 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 3:20pm -
- newHamilton's 48 hours as a champion
Late nights and tikka masalas - my 48 hours as F1 champion
- 10 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 2:35pm -
- newTop Thai policeman 'defamed royals'
A third senior police officer in Thailand is charged with insulting the monarchy, bribery and corruption as part of a major investigation.
- 10 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 2:34pm -
- newBangladesh 'Hajj critic' is arrested
A senior Bangladeshi politician who criticised the annual Hajj pilgrimage made by Muslims to Mecca is arrested in Dhaka for insulting Islam.
- 10 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 2:28pm -
- newPlayers to get support over Hughes
Players who witnessed batsman Phil Hughes suffering a serious head injury in Sydney will be given counselling.
- 10 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 2:19pm -
- newCaptain Kirk not trekking to Cheshire
Star Trek legend William Shatner denies rumours he will boldly go to switch on the Christmas lights in a Cheshire town.
- 10 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 2:11pm -
- newTech firms criticised by Rigby report
Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Twitter and Yahoo are accused of not doing enough to prevent attacks, following a review into Fusilier Lee Rigby's murder.
- 10 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 2:08pm -
- newVIDEO: Hughes critical after being hit by ball
Australia batsman Phil Hughes is in a critical condition after being hit by a ball at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
- 10 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 1:54pm -
- newVIDEO: Extreme adventurers adopt plucky dog
A team of Swedish extreme adventurers on a 10-day race through the Amazon rainforest have adopted a stray dog who started following them around after they fed him.
- 11 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 1:49pm -
- newIn pictures: Ruling sparks rioting in US town of Ferguson
Night of unrest follows a jury's decision
- 11 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 1:45pm -
- newPope complains of 'haggard' Europe
Pope Francis warns that Europe appears "somewhat elderly" and less and less a protagonist, in a speech to EU politicians in Strasbourg.
- 11 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 1:29pm -
- newVIDEO: Editor: It looks crazy, but in fact it's not
The UK's newest newspaper was launched on Monday and The National is taking a pro-Scottish independence line.
- 11 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 1:27pm -
- newHughes injury a reminder of cricket's dangers
Hughes injury a reminder of cricket's dangers
- 11 hours ago 25 Nov 14, 1:22pm -