- newBBC to show Fifa Women's World Cup
The BBC will provide comprehensive coverage of next year's Fifa Women's World Cup in Canada.
- 2 hours ago 23 Nov 14, 12:02am -
- newCall for mental health investment
The Royal College of Nursing highlights a drop in the number of specialist mental health nurses in Scotland and calls for more investment.
- 2 hours ago 23 Nov 14, 12:01am -
- newBrown's father urges calm in Ferguson
The father of a man shot dead by police in Ferguson, Missouri, has appealed for peace ahead of a grand jury decision against the officer.
- 3 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 11:09pm -
- newHamilton eyes 'biggest day of life'
Lewis Hamilton says Sunday's title showdown with Nico Rosberg in Abu Dhabi will be "the biggest day of my life".
- 3 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 10:36pm -
- newKenya bus gunmen 'want religious war'
The slaughter of 28 people on a bus in Kenya is an attempt to start a religious war, an adviser to President Uhuru Kenyatta tells the BBC.
- 4 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 10:14pm -
- newBarcelona 5-1 Sevilla
Barcelona's Lionel Messi becomes the Spanish league's all-time top scorer with a hat-trick against Sevilla.
- 4 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 9:35pm -
- newBahrain holds disputed election
Voters have taken part in Bahrain's first parliamentary elections since Arab Spring protests in 2011, but many Shias had urged a boycott.
- 4 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 9:20pm -
- newMan charged over assault rifle find
A man is to appear in court charged with having a firearm and ammunition with intent to endanger life, after police recovered an assault rifle in west Belfast.
- 5 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 8:31pm -
- newWales 16-34 New Zealand
Wales slip to a 34-16 defeat to New Zealand in Cardiff - continuing a run of 61 years without a win over the All Blacks.
- 5 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 8:26pm -
- newEmeli Sande: New Band Aid song needed
Despite saying her own lyrics were turned down, the singer says the project is "from a place of respectful intent".
- 6 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 8:17pm -
- newArsenal 1-2 Manchester United
A first away win under Louis van Gaal puts Manchester United fourth in the Premier League, while Arsenal slip to eighth.
- 6 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 8:10pm -
- newEbola team will miss 'human touch'
The NHS volunteers travelling to Sierra Leone
- 6 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 8:02pm -
- new'Big gaps' hamper Iran nuclear talks
Important sticking points remain in talks with Iran, Western powers warn, as negotiations on Tehran's nuclear programme enter their final stages.
- 7 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 7:10pm -
- newTwo farmers killed in tyre accident
An investigation is under way after the deaths of two farmers who were fixing a tractor tyre in County Donegal.
- 7 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 6:51pm -
- newCats in supreme champion contest
More than 800 cats go on show at Birmingham's NEC in what is billed as the feline equivalent of Crufts.
- 7 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 6:51pm -
- newBaby 'looked like Auschwitz victim'
A four-and-a-half month-old baby girl looked 'like something from Auschwitz' when found at her home in east London, a court is told.
- 7 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 6:41pm -
- newUS and Turkey discuss IS and Syria
The US vice-president and Turkish president discuss ways to fight Islamic State and strengthen the Syrian opposition, despite reports of strained ties.
- 7 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 6:39pm -
- newColombia general 'free next week'
Colombia's Farc rebels will release five captives, including Gen Ruben Dario Alzate, next week, President Juan Manuel Santos says.
- 7 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 6:21pm -
- newVIDEO: Tributes paid to Alan Henning
The widow of the murdered British aid worker Alan Henning told his memorial service that he was killed "for being what we should be, selfless and caring".
- 8 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 6:16pm -
- newVIDEO: NHS staff set off to help fight Ebola
A group of NHS medical staff leaves for Sierra Leone to help in the fight against the Ebola outbreak.
- 8 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 6:10pm -
- newWest 'seeks Russia regime change'
Western sanctions against Russia over its role in Ukraine are aimed at forcing regime change in Moscow, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says.
- 8 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 6:09pm -
- newVIDEO: Ferguson protests inspire local artist
Artist Howard Barry explains how the mass demonstrations in the aftermath of the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson inspired him.
- 8 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 5:56pm -
- newVIDEO: Ed Miliband: 'Party of working people'
Ed Miliband is insisting that Labour is still the party of working people, despite finishing third in the Rochester by-election.
- 8 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 5:38pm -
- newNHS staff fly out to fight Ebola
The first group of NHS volunteers set off from London Heathrow, bound for Sierra Leone where they will help in the fight against Ebola.
- 8 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 5:36pm -
- new'Democracy rocks' for Nicola Sturgeon
Scotland's new first minister Nicola Sturgeon follows in the footsteps of pop stars Beyonce and Lady Gaga by appearing at Glasgow's Hydro arena.
- 8 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 5:26pm -
- newElection prize 'never greater' - DUP
DUP leader Peter Robinson tells his party's annual conference "the prize at a Westminster election has never been greater" than next May's poll.
- 9 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 5:11pm -
- newHenning 'killed for being selfless'
The widow of murdered aid worker Alan Henning tells a memorial service he was killed "for being what we should be, selfless and caring".
- 9 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 4:35pm -
- newPolice and NHS phone lines restored
Non-emergency police and medical phone lines are now working, Vodafone says, after technical problems disrupted services for a number of hours.
- 9 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 4:31pm -
- newEbola 'stable' in Guinea - WHO
The deadly Ebola outbreak is now "stable" in Guinea, the country where the latest crisis began, the World Health Organization says.
- 10 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 3:33pm -
- newShops to hide 'sexual' front pages
Tesco and Waitrose are to change the way they display newspapers because of concerns that children are being exposed to sexualised content.
- 11 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 3:09pm -
- newBank fines should go to NHS - Labour
A billion pounds raised from banking fines in the UK should be spent on the NHS, Labour's shadow chancellor Ed Balls says in a speech.
- 11 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 2:35pm -
- newPortugal ex-PM held over tax fraud
The former prime minister of Portugal, Jose Socrates, has been arrested in Lisbon as part of an investigation into money-laundering and bribery.
- 11 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 2:24pm -
- newBalcony collapse victims named
Two Polish men who died after a balcony collapsed in west London on Friday are named as Tomasz Procko, 22, and Karol Szymanski, 29.
- 12 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 2:12pm -
- new101 non-emergency number restored
The 101 non-emergency number for police forces across Wales is restored following a technical fault.
- 12 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 1:38pm -
- newIraq troops battle IS in Ramadi
Iraq's army launches an operation to retake parts of Ramadi in Anbar province, a major city largely controlled by Islamic State militants.
- 12 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 1:18pm -
- newBreaking Bad spin-off to air in February
The show will debut in the US with Netflix streaming it across Europe shortly after.
- 13 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 12:59pm -
- newUS 'to expand' Afghan combat role
US troops in Afghanistan will have a broader role than initially planned next year, as their combat mission draws to a close, US officials say.
- 14 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 11:30am -
- newThai king's absence sparks concern
King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand fails to appear for a scheduled event, raising fresh concerns about his health.
- 14 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 11:24am -
- newProbe into hotel 'gas explosion'
An investigation starts into a suspected gas explosion at a central London hotel that injured 14 people.
- 15 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 11:05am -
- newVIDEO: Newspapers 'kept from child's eyes'
A mother from south London has persuaded Tesco to change the way it displays newspapers so that children cannot see words or images which she says may disturb them.
- 15 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 11:03am -
- new150 weapons given up in gun amnesty
More than 150 weapons are handed over to police during a two-week amnesty.
- 17 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 9:09am -
- newVIDEO: Scrabble players compete in London
Some of the best Scrabble players from over 120 countries are in London competing to become World Champion and win a share of the prize money.
- 17 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 8:35am -
- newVIDEO: Labour calls for NHS investment
The Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls is calling for £1bn of banking scandal fines to be invested in the NHS.
- 18 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 8:15am -
- newVIDEO: Dizzy world of aerobatic flying
Mike Bushell has been to visit one British couple who will be going for gold in a motorsport event taking place 600m above earth - aerobatics
- 18 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 8:09am -
- newVIDEO: 15 secs: How to block spying
Human rights group Amnesty International has released software to stop governments learning secrets from your computer.
- 19 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 6:56am -
- newLabour 'still party of working people'
Ed Miliband insists Labour remains the party of working people, while accepting one of his MPs was disrespectful to them.
- 19 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 6:22am -
- newVIDEO: Flood fears as US snowfall eases
Snowfall in the north-east of the US is subsiding, forecasters say, but there is now a threat of flooding from rain at the weekend as the snow melts.
- 20 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 5:37am -
- newVIDEO: 100-year-old sees ocean for first time
The moment a 100-year-old American woman, Ruby Holt, sees the ocean for the first time.
- 20 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 5:36am -
- newLabour warns over pension charges
Labour urges the government to ensure people taking advantage of new pension freedoms next April are not ripped off by financial firms.
- 20 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 5:30am -
- newPoet's lost Oxford years remembered
Heavy drinking, a jealous husband and Under Milk Wood
- 21 hours ago 22 Nov 14, 4:49am -